Title: TELL IT TO THE WORLD
Main objective: During the semester, each week participants summarize
graded-reader books read in their extensive reading sessions.
Class type: adults
Aim: summarize graded readers
Activity focus: reading-speaking
Time: Max 3 minutes
Material: Computer with access to Internet / Headphones
1.Teacher tells students they will record a graded reader book summary each week using Podomatic.
2. Student signs up to Podomatic.
3. Student creates a blog in Blogger.
4. Teacher shows participants how to record using Podomatic.
5. Teacher shows how to write a reply to a Podomatic audio.
6. Teacher shows how to create an About me page in Blogger.
7. Teacher shows how to embed audio files in Blogger.
8. Student records his/her summary in spanish each week.
9. Student embeds podcasts in his/her blog.
10. Student chooses a classmate and listens to his/her recording and write comments or questions in their classmate´s blog each week.
11.Teacher creates an account in Bloglines to add students´URLs and visit this site to receive updates. He/She can also embed the Bloglines code to paste it on the blog sidebar. This will allow
everybody to check for updates.
12. At the end of the semester, teacher chooses 2 recordings at random and evaluate them using a rubric.
13. At the end of the semester, student chooses one recorded report and evaluates himself/herself using a rubric.